We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Mumps belong to the sumac family. It is a shrub or tree with a dense crown. Height can reach 12 meters.
The flowers are small, greenish or whitish, the pedicels are long, the hairs protruded reddish or greenish in color. Shoots with pubescence, green or reddish. The leaves are solid and simple, the color is bluish-red or green.
In the genus Skumpiya there are only 2 species - this is leather and American (obovate scooppy).
- height - up to 5 meters;
- lush flowering;
- leaves are long with red marks and a fluff.
- leaves are green, yellow or purple in autumn;
- shoots are reddish or greenish;
- after flowering, the pedicels are extended, hairs appear (whitish or reddish);
- height - up to 3 meters (shrub), tree - up to 5 meters.
The presented view is unpretentious and frost-resistant. Flowering occurs in June.
Before planting an elegant plant, you need to look at its root system.
If it is open, then landing is carried out in spring and autumn. With a closed system, planting is allowed from early spring to late autumn.
It is important to fulfill one more rule: the plant must take root before frost or the onset of heat.
You can plant scoopia with seeds. At the same time, landing is done in spring or autumn. Seeds are pre-stratified. This method is more economical, but there is a chance that the bush will sprout lower, compared with planting seedlings.
Place of landing - partial shade or sunny side. It is undesirable for a plant to be exposed to winds.
Leather mackerel does not impose special requirements on the soil. An ideal option is light alkaline soil. It is important to prevent the location of the shrub in a lowland or place with a high level of groundwater.
Skumpiya - a cloud for a garden
- Leather mackerel can reproduce both seed and vegetatively. In the latter case, cuttings, layering and root shoots are used.
- Harvesting cuttings occurs in mid-summer. At the same time, they are treated with a special root formation stimulator and then placed in greenhouses.
You can find out about the best growth stimulants.
- Soil is made from a mixture of turf land, sand and peat. It is important to regularly ventilate and water.
It is worth noting that layering and root shoots are better taken root, rather than cuttings.
Leather mackerel can be propagated using seeds, but this method will take a long time.
- First, scarification in a solution of sulfuric acid is carried out - 20 minutes.
- Then 3 months the seeds are stratified.
- Landing is made in the spring directly into the open ground. In this case, it is important to plant seeds at 2 cm.
- Shoots can appear only next year.
Due to the complexity of seed propagation is not popular.
Use in landscape design
- Leather mumps are actively used in landscape design. It can be used in gardens of various styles. But in the gardens of a regular type will have to monitor the density of the crown.
- Well decorative shrubs look in mono groups and single plantings. You can combine them in groups with conifers, other shrubs and perennials. Also, the plant will look great in the background of the mixborder in a row.
- Since the shrub well tolerates gas contamination, it is actively used in city parks and squares. It is best if the kindergarten is small. In this case, skumpiya looks more advantageous.
- The shrub feels great even with a minimal amount of moisture in the soil. The plant will perfectly complement the species variety of rocariya.
- Often, scumpia is used in reclamation and soil-protective plantings.
- Luxurious bushes are suitable for growing as a hedge on the edges and slopes.
- It is not recommended to plant a bush next to the thorns, maple, black poplar. This airy culture releases organic acids that can damage other plants.
Mackerel is an unpretentious ornamental shrub widely used in landscape design. Despite the fact that the cost of a seedling is high, the investment will pay off, because the culture lives up to a hundred years.