A recipe for making figs with cough milk is a simple and effective way to eliminate an unpleasant symptom. Folk remedies with figs are successfully used to treat dry and productive cough in adults and children.
Useful properties of figs with milk against cough
To understand why milk, and not water or other drinks in combination with figs, treats cough, you need to remember the medicinal properties of each of the products.
Useful properties of figs:
- acts as an antipyretic at high temperatures;
- dried fruit improves the condition of the bronchi, trachea and the respiratory system as a whole;
- due to the high content of vitamin B, it actively fights bacteria and viruses;
- strengthens the immune system and restores strength after an illness;
- has anti-inflammatory effect;
- due to its mild diuretic and laxative effect, it cleanses the body, removing toxic substances;
- the expectorant effect of a cough, which a fig has, helps to thin phlegm and remove it faster;
- excellent diaphoretic.
Medicinal properties of milk:
- used as a prophylactic agent in general health promotion;
- cleanses the body of harmful substances, therefore it is often used to treat colds;
- has antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and bactericidal properties;
- restores the metabolic balance, replenishing the level of potassium.
Effectiveness of cough treatment with figs with milk
Milk softens the throat mucosa, reducing irritation and stopping the cough reflex. The organic acids found in figs make the product a natural antibiotic. The drink warms up the tissues, stimulating blood circulation, so that inflammation is relieved faster.
Fig fruits are rich in essential oils that have a beneficial effect on the immune system, reducing the inflammatory process on the mucous membranes and tissues, contributing to the saturation of cells with oxygen.
Reviews of recipes for milk with figs for coughing indicate that the remedy has a diuretic and anti-inflammatory effect, due to which the decay products of bacteria and viruses are excreted from the body faster. The main value of the remedy is its powerful expectorant property. Sputum discharge ensures that a thick secretary does not stagnate in the bronchi, which means that inflammation is excluded.
The drink will ease the condition of a sick person. It is used to treat both adults and children, since the remedy consists only of natural ingredients.
How to cook figs with cough milk
Preparing cough figs is easy. It is advisable to prepare the medicine based on fresh homemade milk. If there is none, you can use a purchased, high percentage of fat.
Important! This is important, since it is the fatty product that has a pronounced emollient effect.
Figs are used both fresh and dried. The main thing is that the product is ripe. Unripe fruits contain a pungent milky juice, which will not only spoil the taste of the medicine, but also have an irritating effect.
The drink is drunk warm in small sips.
Milk with fresh cough figs
- 300 ml of homemade or pasteurized milk;
- 4 things. figs.
- The fruits are washed well, poured over with boiling water and placed in a thick-walled stewpan.
- The berries are poured with milk, covered with a lid and heated on medium heat until boiling. The fire is reduced to a minimum, and the dishes are tightly closed with a lid.
- Simmer in milk, stirring occasionally for at least 2 hours. The finished product will be sweet, with a light creamy aroma and a brown tint.
- Remove the stewpan from the heat, cool until warm and drink. The figs can be taken out and eaten, or mashed and left in milk.
Figs with cough milk are suitable for both adults and children.
- 5 fig berries;
- 1 tbsp. boiled fat milk.
- The fruits are washed, chopped and placed in a bowl. Pour in hot boiled milk.
- Swollen fruits are rubbed through a sieve and re-combined with the broth.
The resulting mixture is divided into 3 parts and drunk throughout the day.
This cooking method is good because, thanks to the minimum heat treatment, the fruit retains all the useful substances.
- 4 large figs;
- 1 liter of fat milk.
The fruits are washed, cut into arbitrary pieces and placed in a multicooker container. Pour milk and select the "stewing" mode on the panel. The timer is set at 2 hours. The gruel is kept warm in the "heating" mode. Take ½ glass before dinner.
Fig tincture with cough milk
This remedy helps with a tearful and unproductive cough. The expectorant effect is fully manifested after 2 days. The phlegm liquefies and comes off easily. Figs are boiled in cough milk, extremely dry.
- 1 fig;
- 1 tbsp. fresh fat milk.
- The figs are thoroughly washed, chopped with a knife and placed in a saucepan with a thick bottom.
- The berries are poured with fat milk and put on low heat.
- The mixture is brought to a boil, then poured into a refractory dish and sent to simmer in the oven for half an hour.
- The heating of the oven is turned off, and the container with the drug is left in it until it is completely cooled.
Fig butterscotch for cough
Butterscotch will quickly relieve throat irritation, stimulate easy sputum discharge, so that the cough is relieved. In addition, toffee with milk, butter and figs will delight children.
- 4 large dried fruits;
- 25 g of high-quality butter;
- 2 tbsp. fat milk;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara.
- The dried fruit is cut into pieces, placed in a blender container and chopped until smooth.
- The fig mass is transferred to a saucepan, poured over with milk and put on a slow heating. They languish the drug for about half an hour.
- Pour a glass of sugar into a cast-iron pan and melt until caramelized. Add oil and mix well. Pour in the milk-fig mixture, simmer for another half hour, stirring continuously, and pour into molds. Leave until completely solidified.
The finished toffee is transferred to a dry glass jar and tightly closed with a lid. Suck candy for sore throat or coughing fits.
Figs for cough without milk
Figs for a strong cough can be used without milk.
Cough syrup for children
The remedy is effective in treating sore throats, whooping cough and colds.
- 10 large dried figs;
- 2 tbsp. boiling water.
- The fruits are washed, placed in a saucepan, poured with a glass of boiling water and put on fire.
- Boil for half an hour so that the fruits swell and become soft.
- Then pour in another glass of water and add sugar.
- They continue to simmer the mixture until a syrupy mass is obtained.
For even greater efficiency, you can add to the chilled syrup:
- 5 drops of echinacea tincture per spoon of the product;
- 2 tablets of crushed ascorbic acid per daily dose;
- 5 g ginger powder;
- juice of half a lemon.
Children take a large spoonful of the product, adults - two or three times a day. Treatment is continued until symptoms disappear.
Important! The syrup is used as an immunostimulant and prophylactic agent during colds.
Figs with honey for coughing are an excellent way to get rid of an unpleasant symptom.
- The fruits are washed, cut into pieces and ground in a blender until they are pasty.
- Combine with honey in a one-to-one ratio.
The remedy is taken in a small spoon three times a day. For greater efficiency, it can be mixed with radish gruel.
- 5 ripe figs or 3 dried fruits;
- 0.5 liters of vodka.
- Cut the figs into cubes, add alcohol and leave for 10 days, shaking daily.
- Add a vanilla stick, spiced clove, or ginger root if desired.
- Before use, dilute 5 ml of the product in a third of a glass of water. It is taken twice a day.
Rules for using figs against cough
Prepare figs with cough milk for 1-2 doses. If you increase the number of products, you can stock up on the product for 2 days.
The drug is taken orally up to 5 times a day. Figs with milk from a cough during pregnancy are drunk no more than 3 times a day. To enhance the effectiveness, the medicine is taken half an hour before meals.
- adults - whole or half a glass up to 5 times a day;
- elderly - ½ glass 4 times a day;
- pregnant women - ½ glass three times a day;
- children over 3 years of age - ¼ glass 4 times a day.
Important! The homogeneous mixture is eaten with a spoon. After straining the liquid, it is advisable to eat some of the figs, and then drink it with the filtered milk.
The medicine is allowed to be taken for up to a month, until the symptoms disappear completely. With an exacerbation of pulmonary pathologies, the product is stopped from the moment the cough turns into a wet form. In case of chronic cough, the treatment is prolonged, reducing the number of receptions to 2 times in essence.
Contraindications to fig cough remedies
It is worth remembering that figs are not suitable for everyone as a cough medicine. For example, in diabetes mellitus, dried fruit is categorically contraindicated. In some cases, the use of fresh fruits is allowed, but only after consultation with a specialist.
The product is not recommended for use if you are allergic to fruits. In case of intolerance to dairy products, another liquid is taken as a basis. If you are allergic to honey, replace it with sugar.
Warning! The fruit has a laxative effect, so a medicine based on it should not be taken for bowel diseases, diarrhea or acute poisoning.
The fruits contain oxalic acid, which irritates the kidneys, therefore, with pyelonephritis, nephropathy and urolithiasis, the drug is used with extreme caution. Oxalic acid is also contraindicated in people with gout.
With gastritis, colitis and ulcers, the drug is taken with caution. Fiber, which is found in large quantities in fruits, can significantly aggravate the condition of the intestines or stomach.
Terms and conditions of storage
It is best to prepare a fresh product daily. You can store the medicine in the refrigerator for no more than three days.
Reviews of milk with figs for cough
Tatyana Ivanova, 56 years old, Moscow
I myself love figs, I didn’t even consider it as a medicine, but, it turns out, in vain. It really helps.
Victor Pavlov, 67 years old, Moscow region
Thanks to a friend for a useful recipe! It helped my 4 year old grandson great. Knocked down the temperature. Now I will use this remedy for colds.
Valentina Teplichnaya, 45 years old, Saratov
I suffer from frequent colds with prolonged coughing. Having learned about the recipe with figs, now I always drink this remedy. It gets better almost immediately. At first, the cough turns into a wet one, and after a few days it disappears altogether.
The recipe for making figs with cough milk is an effective expectorant that has an immunostimulating, anti-inflammatory and emollient effect.