We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Even novice housewives like to cook tomatoes in their own juice without sterilization, because such recipes differ, on the one hand, in a simple manufacturing technology, and on the other, in the natural taste of almost fresh vegetables.
The simplest recipe uses purchased tomato juice for pouring. It is more delicious and natural to use diluted tomato paste as a filling. Well, the classic recipe for cooking tomatoes in their own juice does not provide for anything other than the tomatoes themselves.
The classic recipe for tomatoes in their own juice without sterilization
To cook tomatoes in their own juice without sterilization, you can use the addition of acetic or citric acid. But the most important technique thanks to which tomatoes are prepared even without adding vinegar is to use the method of heating the fruit with boiling water. They usually act in a similar way to preparing pickled tomatoes by pouring three times, but only for the last time the fruits are poured not with marinade, but with hot tomato sauce.
And now a little more detail.
To prepare two one and a half liter cans of tomatoes in their own juice, you will need to find:
- 2 kg of strong and beautiful tomatoes;
- About 1.5 kg of juicy, soft tomatoes of any size for juice;
- One tablespoon each of salt and sugar (optional).
The stages of preparation of the workpiece are as follows:
- First, the jars are prepared: they are thoroughly washed and sterilized in any convenient way.
- Then you need to prepare the main part of the tomatoes - they are rinsed in cold water, allowed to dry, prick the skin in several places with a sharp object (needle, toothpick, fork).
- Prepared vegetables are tightly placed in sterilized jars and poured with boiling water for at least 10 minutes.
- While the main tomatoes are warming up, the remaining fruits are cleaned of dirt, places with any damage to the skin and pulp, and cut into small pieces.
- If the farm has a juicer, then the easiest way is to run all the remaining tomatoes through it to get pure tomato juice.
- If there is no juicer, then the pieces of tomatoes are simply brought to a boil over low heat and heated until they are completely softened and let the juice flow.
- To get rid of the skin and seeds, the cooled tomato mass is rubbed through a sieve and placed on the fire again to bring to a boil.
- At this moment, spices can be added to the tomato mass according to the recipe: salt and sugar. Or you don't have to add - if the tomatoes themselves have a unique taste and aroma that you want to preserve.
- Water is drained from the tomatoes in the jar, boiled and again poured with boiling water for 15 minutes.
- After this period, thoroughly boiled tomato juice is added to the tomatoes.
- After that, jars of tomatoes are twisted with metal lids and put to cool under a blanket.
Sweet tomatoes in their own juice
Tomatoes in their own juice are very tasty if you add twice as much sugar according to the recipe described above. That is, for about 1 liter of pouring, 2-3 tablespoons of granulated sugar are used. It is interesting that their taste in winter is liked not only by those with a sweet tooth, but also by everyone who loves a variety of tomato preparations.
Canning tomatoes in their own juice without sterilization with herbs
According to this recipe, tomatoes can be preserved in their own juice without sterilization by adding vinegar essence. In addition, since the recipe uses tomato paste, there is no need to fiddle with extracting juice from tomatoes, but you can significantly speed up the process by simply diluting the paste with water.
- 2-3 kg of cream-type tomatoes;
- 500 g of tomato paste (it is better to take natural, with a minimum amount of additives);
- 1.5 st. tablespoons of salt and sugar;
- 2 liters of water;
- 50 g of herbs (dill, parsley, cilantro, basil);
- bay leaf and allspice to taste;
- 1.5 tsp 70% vinegar;
- 1/3 chilli pod
The cooking process is as simple as possible.
- Tomatoes are washed and dried.
- Greens and peppers are finely chopped with a knife.
- First, greens and peppers are placed in prepared sterile jars, then tomatoes.
- Dilute tomato paste in water, heat to a boil.
- Add spices and herbs, boil for about 7-8 minutes, then pour in vinegar and immediately pour into jars of tomatoes.
Attention! Even without sterilization, such tomatoes can be stored after cooling at room temperature in a place without light.
Recipe for spicy tomatoes in their own juice
If the current season is very tight with tomatoes, and time is running out, and you really want to cook something very tasty and original, and even without sterilization, then you can pay attention to the following recipe.
- about 4.5 kg of tomatoes;
- 2 liters of tomato juice packaged from the store;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar and salt;
- 1 cinnamon stick (you can take crushed cinnamon - a few pinches);
- 8 pieces of cloves.
Everything is prepared very simply and quickly.
- Thoroughly washed and dried tomatoes are placed in sterile jars.
- The juice is poured into a saucepan, brought to a boil.
- Add salt, sugar, cloves and cinnamon and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
- Cooked tomatoes in jars are poured with boiling tomato sauce, immediately sealed and, upside down, allowed to cool under a blanket for at least a day.
Preservation of tomatoes in their own juice without sterilization with citric acid
If you want to avoid using vinegar, but at the same time there is a desire to save tomatoes for the winter in a regular room pantry, then you can add citric acid while the tomato juice is boiling.
Advice! When using different recipes, you can be guided by the following proportions: add half a teaspoon of citric acid or 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to 1 liter can of ready-made tomatoes.
Harvesting tomatoes in their own juice without sterilization with garlic and horseradish
According to this recipe, tomatoes are quite vigorous. The sauce from them can be used both as a spicy seasoning and as a dressing for borscht. Recipe without sterilization, since both garlic and horseradish act as additional preservatives.
- 1.5 kg of tomatoes;
- 1.5 liters of tomato juice, made with your own hands or bought in a store;
- a tablespoon of salt;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 1 medium-sized horseradish root.
It is not difficult to prepare such original "male" tomatoes.
- First, the filling is prepared: the juice from the tomatoes is brought to a boil, and the horseradish with garlic is chopped using a meat grinder with the finest grate.
- Mix the juice with ground vegetables, add spices and boil for just a few minutes.
Important! Garlic and horseradish should not be subjected to prolonged heat treatment - from this they lose their useful and taste properties.
- Tomatoes must be washed, and then put in jars and poured over with boiling water.
- After a 15-minute infusion, the water is drained and fragrant tomato juice with vegetables is poured into the jars.
- The cans are instantly twisted and left to cool without insulation.
Recipe for tomatoes in their own juice without sterilization with bell pepper
Bell peppers go well with tomatoes and add extra vitamins to the dish. In terms of the method of preparation, this recipe is not much different from the previous one. And in terms of composition, much depends on the taste preferences of the hostesses.
If you want to cook a spicy and spicy dish, then you can simply add one large thick-walled red pepper to the ingredients of the previous recipe. Scroll it in a meat grinder along with horseradish and garlic and then proceed according to the already familiar scheme.
To obtain a more delicate "feminine" taste of tomatoes, instead of horseradish and garlic, add 2-3 medium-sized peppers to the ingredients. They are cut into small pieces and placed on the bottom of the jars along with the tomatoes.
Unusual recipe for tomatoes in their own juice
The whole unusualness of this recipe without sterilization lies in mixing tomatoes of different color shades. Moreover, strong red tomatoes are preserved as a whole. But for the manufacture of filling, tomatoes of yellow or orange colors are used. These tomatoes are usually distinguished by increased sweetness and loose skin, as well as an abundance of juice, so they make a great filling.
- 1 kg of small red tomatoes with dense skin;
- 1.5 kg of yellow tomatoes;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of sugar and salt;
- spices (cloves, dill, bay leaves, allspice) - to taste
According to this recipe, tomatoes are prepared by hot pouring three times, which eliminates the need for sterilization.
- Red tomatoes are distributed in small sterile jars, poured with boiling water.
- After 5 minutes, the water is drained, boiled and the tomatoes are poured again for 15 minutes.
- At the same time, yellow fruits are cleaned of dirt and tails, cut and passed through a meat grinder or juicer.
- The resulting light juice is boiled with the addition of spices and herbs.
- For the third time, red tomatoes are poured not with water, but with boiling tomato juice.
- The jars are immediately sealed for the winter.
Tomatoes in their own juice are a very tasty and healthy dish, and without sterilization, cooking it is much easier and faster.