We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Blueberry jelly is the most delicate delicacy that will appeal to both adults and children. A pre-prepared dessert often comes to the rescue in winter, when the body is most in dire need of vitamins. It has a long shelf life, which is an important advantage.
How to make blueberry jelly
Jelly is a natural dessert with an unusual consistency. It is achieved due to the presence of gelatin or natural pectin in the composition. To make the dessert tasty and healthy, you need to pay special attention to the collection of berries and their preparation.
The berry picking season starts at the end of July and ends at the beginning of September. Ripe blueberries have a deep purple hue. Unripe fruits are greenish in color. You cannot collect them. It is important to ensure that the berries are intact, without deformation. In the process of making jelly, the following rules must be observed:
- cooking is carried out in a previously sterilized container;
- before starting cooking, the berries should be thoroughly dried;
- to make the dessert more aromatic, spices are added to it.
Advice! For a richer taste, you can add raspberries, currants or blackberries to blueberries.
The classic blueberry jelly recipe
There are many blueberry jelly recipes for the winter. The most popular of them does not require special skills and knowledge. To make jelly according to the classic recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 25 g gelatin;
- 700 g sugar;
- 500 g blueberries;
- ½ lemon.
- The berries are poured with water and put on fire. After boiling, they should be kept on the stove for no more than 2 minutes.
- After cooling, the liquid is filtered. The pulp is additionally ground with a sieve.
- The required amount of gelatin is dissolved in 2 tbsp. l. water. After it swells, the berry mixture and lemon juice are added to it.
- The resulting mass is poured into molds and put into the refrigerator.
Blueberry jelly with gelatin for the winter
The easiest way to give your dessert a jelly-like consistency is to use gelatin when cooking. The expiration date of the product should be checked before purchasing.
- 200 g sugar;
- 1 liter of water;
- 250 g blueberries;
- 30 g of gelatin.
- Gelatin is soaked in cold water for 10 minutes in the proportions indicated on the package.
- The berries are washed and squeezed out of them in any way possible. It is advisable to use a juicer for this.
- Pour the berry pulp with water and put on fire. It should be boiled for 5 minutes.
- After removing from heat, the mixture is filtered. Sugar and swollen gelatin are added to the resulting liquid.
- The mixture is stirred until the components are completely dissolved. Then it is put on fire and brought to a boil.
- After boiling, berry juice separated at the first stage is poured into the mass. Then the liquid is filtered again, getting rid of the cake.
- The liquid is poured into portioned molds and put into the refrigerator for 2.5 hours.
Important! Before eating dessert, you need to make sure that there is no allergic reaction.
The easiest blueberry jelly recipe without gelatin
Since blueberries contain natural pectin, you can do without gelatin when making jelly. But in this case, you will need to add more sugar than in other recipes. Ingredients are taken in the following quantities:
- 800 g sugar;
- 500 g blueberries;
- a couple of pinches of citric acid.
- Thoroughly washed berries are crushed in a blender to a puree-like consistency.
- Citric acid and sugar are added to the resulting mass.
- The container is placed on the stove. After boiling, the mixture must be cooked for 20 minutes over low heat.
- The resulting mass is poured into small jars, and then sterilized and rolled up.
Recipe for thick blueberry jelly with gelix
In some recipes, gelatin is replaced with gelatin. It is a natural pectin based thickener. The advantages of its use include a high rate of thickening of the mixture. The following components are involved in the recipe:
- 1 pack. zhelix;
- 1 kg of blueberries;
- 500 g of sugar.
- The berries are crushed to a mushy state using a crush. After they start up the juice, put the mixture on fire and boil for a minute.
- After cooling, the mass is re-grinded using a blender.
- Zhelfix is mixed with 2 tbsp. sugar and added to the resulting mixture.
- The mass of berries and zhelfix is put on low heat until boiling. Then add the remaining sugar to it and cook for 5 minutes. It is important to remove the foam from the surface.
- The mixture is poured into small jars and rolled up.
Blueberry jelly storage rules
You can prepare jelly for the winter using any of the proposed recipes. The shelf life of canned jelly is 1 year. To improve preservation, the product is placed in a cool place protected from light. It is permissible to store jars on the lower shelves of the refrigerator or in a cabinet. But storage in the basement is most preferable. After opening the container, you must consume the product within a week.
Attention! The consistency of the dessert largely depends on the quality of the gelatin. Therefore, you should pay special attention to its selection, giving preference to proven brands.
Blueberry jelly is a delicious dietary dessert of natural origin. It saturates the body with useful substances without provoking weight gain. Despite this, the product should be used with caution, as it may cause an allergic reaction.