Cherry jam with pitted gelatin is a delicious dessert that can not only be eaten neat, but also used as a filling for pies, as a topping for ice cream, waffles or buns. The gelatin in the composition gives the finished product a denser consistency, not flowing and jelly-like.
How to cook cherry jam with gelatin for the winter
Cherries ripen at the height of summer, towards the end of July. But you can cook a sweet treat not only from fresh products. Frozen cherries are perfectly stored in the freezer, they are suitable for making a delicious and healthy dessert at any time.
Harvesting for the winter is cooked from whole fruits or from pitted cherries. The second option allows you to exclude the inclusion of wormy berries in the total mass, which can spoil the taste and appearance of the dessert. But if the quality of the fruit is undeniable, you can make cherry jam with seeds.
Gelatin itself may not be the only gelling agent in recipes. Many housewives use agar or special bags of zhelfix of different brands. Regular gelatin is sold in two forms - powdered and in plates. The second option is a little more expensive and is required in larger quantities, so the easiest way is to use gelatin powder of any company.
Simple Pitted Cherry Jam with Gelatin
The classic recipe consists of just three ingredients - cherries, sugar and gelatin. The number of fruits is 500 g, the same amount of sugar, about 1 sachet of a gelling agent.
Aromatic and thick cherry jelly for the winter
A step-by-step process for making seedless cherry jam with gelatin according to the classic recipe:
- Rinse the collected fruits, carefully sort out, remove the seeds by hand or with the help of special devices, drain a little excess juice.
- Dissolve the gelatin according to the instructions on the package, put on low heat and heat.
- Cover the prepared berries with sugar and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil the jam over moderate heat, stirring constantly, for half an hour.
- Remove the workpiece from the heat and after a couple of minutes pour in the prepared gelatin, stir thoroughly.
- Pour the cherry dessert into sterilized jars and roll up the lids.
Attention! Each gelling agent has its own "operating temperature". For gelatin it is 60-65 degrees - it is not recommended to heat the product in excess of the norm, otherwise it may "die".
Cherry Jam with Pitted Gelatin
In this recipe, the same ingredients are used as in the classic preparation of jam, in proportions of 1 to 1. The washed cherries must be covered with sugar, at the time of boiling, add a little water to the pan. Cherry jam with seeds with the addition of gelatin cannot be used as a filling for baking, but it is a great independent dessert for hot tea.
It is not necessary to remove seeds from fragrant summer fruits.
Recipe for mashed cherries jam with gelatin
Cherry jelly or jam can often be found on store shelves, but on an industrial scale, the dessert is prepared with the addition of flavors, dyes, and harmful preservatives. If the hostess prepares homemade jam herself, she will be sure of its quality and benefits.
- pitted cherries - 2 kg;
- water - 500 ml;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- gelatin - 70 g.
Delicious dessert according to the simplest recipe
- For cooking, you should sort out the fruits, remove the bones. Pour the cherries with the specified amount of water and boil for about 15 minutes. Drain the liquid and discard the cherries in a colander.
- Punch the fruits with a blender until smooth or pass through a fine sieve, pour sugar over the gruel.
- Soak gelatin in water, when it swells, put to heat over medium heat.
- Boil the cherry mass and cook until thick for about 25 minutes, remove the emerging foam with a spoon.
- Remove the jam from the heat and add the gelatin mixture, stir, then pour into sterilized jars and roll up.
Attention! You can make a delicious compote from cherry water.
In winter, you can serve such a wonderful jam with any dessert - pancakes, pancakes, pancakes, croissants.
Pitted cherry jam with gelatin and prunes
Prunes will help to dilute the sweetness of cherries and give the finished dessert a pleasant sourness. He is also able to change the color of the jam, make it less transparent and dark.
- cherry - 1 kg;
- prunes - 300 g;
- sugar - 500 g;
- powder gelatin - 30 g.
Cherry Jam with Prunes
The main ingredient is to process and remove the bones. Rinse the prunes, dry on paper towels and, if necessary, cut into several pieces. Put the food in a saucepan, sprinkle with sugar and leave for several hours. When the sugar is completely dissolved, put the jam on medium heat and bring to a boil, boil for no more than 15 minutes.
Pour gelatin with water for 30 minutes, warm to the desired temperature and add to the total mass. Stir, remove the jam from heat and pour into clean jars. When the dessert has cooled completely, its consistency will become thick and jelly-like.
Cherry Jam with Gelatin and Cocoa
A delicious chocolate flavor will add a few tablespoons of cocoa powder to regular jam. Cherries and chocolate are one of the best combinations in cooking.
Attention! To get a rich and bright taste without bitterness, you need to buy high-quality alkalized cocoa.
You will need the following ingredients:
- cherry - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- gelatin - 30 g;
- cocoa powder - 4 tbsp. l .;
- cinnamon stick - 1 pc.
The process of making cherry jam with cocoa
It is required to take 1 kg of pitted cherries, cover with sugar and leave for several hours. When the berries release their juice, add cocoa and cinnamon, put a saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn off, cool and boil the jam again. The foam must be removed, and also make sure that the mass does not burn.
Do this boiling procedure three times. Pour in instant gelatin powder for the third time. If this is not the case, then use the usual composition according to the instructions on the package.
Bring the cherry jam to a boil again, stir thoroughly and pour into sterilized jars. Wrap up the containers when cool - put them in the cellar or basement.
Winter jam "Cherry in gelatin" with vanilla
The jam will be much more aromatic if you add a few pinches of vanilla sugar or real vanilla extract to it. Would need:
- cherry - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- gelatin - 25 g;
- vanilla sugar - 20 g.
Attention! The amount of sugar is indicated conditionally, you can put it in a smaller amount.
Option for serving ready-made dessert
Step by step cooking process:
- Separate the seeds from the cherry, cover the berries with sugar in a deep saucepan.
- After a few hours, put the workpiece on fire and bring to a boil.
- Cook the cherry jam for 15 minutes, skim off the foam when it appears.
- While the mass is boiling, soak the gelatin in cold water.
- Warm up the dissolved gelatin to 65 degrees, add to the jam removed from the fire, pour the specified amount of vanilla sugar on top, mix everything thoroughly.
- Pour the jam into sterilized jars.
Cherry jam with seedless gelatin or whole fruit according to any recipe should be stored in clean, sterilized jars in the basement or cellar. Sugar acts as a natural preservative, so you don't need to put extra substances or aspirin in the jars.
In this state, jelly-like jam retains its freshness and density for about a year. The dessert is so delicious that you don't need to store it for a long time. In winter, cherry jam will be eaten ahead of everyone else.
Cherry Jam with Seedless Gelatin will benefit the whole family. This dessert contains potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and folic acid. These substances are indispensable for women during pregnancy. Also, cherry jam is rich in B vitamins and takes an honorable first place among similar products in cooking.